- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Place the pastry cases onto a baking sheet. Beat together all the remaining ingredients and use to fill the pastry cases.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the filling is just set and turning golden. Cool a little and serve.
- These are best eaten (or frozen) the same day to stop the pastry going soggy.
- For a vegetarian option, replace the crab with the equivalent weight of thinly sliced sautéed onions or mushrooms.
- If you can't find bite-sized pastry cases, then line mini tart tins with very thinly rolled shortcrust or filo pastry (200g).