- Heat the grill, and place the tomatoes onto a baking sheet, cut-side down. Grill for 3-4 minutes, then turn over and grill for a further 3-4 minutes until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add the leeks to a microwave proof dish with a teaspoon of water, cover with film and cook on full power for 2-3 minutes until soft, allow to cool a little and drain off any excess liquid.
- Cut the bagels in half, toast, then spread with cream cheese and scatter with leek. Place 3 tomato halves on one bagel half, sprinkle with chives and black pepper, then top with another bagel half. Repeat with the other bagel.
- Top each with a little cream cheese, another tomato half and a little leek then garnish with the remaining chives and black pepper.
- Try adding cottage cheese or, for a vegan bagel, use a non-dairy alternative.
- Experiment with different herbs such as basil, or try rubbing the toasted bagel with a clove of garlic.
- Also delicious with grilled mushrooms in place of tomatoes.