- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Boil the sweet potato slices for 7-10 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Grill the aubergine slices for 4 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Add the oil to a pan and add the onions. When they start to brown, add the peppers, courgettes and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, lentils, tomatoes, oregano and thyme. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping mix the yogurt, Cheddar and cinnamon together.
- In an ovenproof dish, place a layer of aubergine, add a spoonful of the lentil and tomato mixture, followed by a layer of sweet potato. Top with more of the lentil and tomato mixture, and layer alternately, finishing with the aubergine.
- Spoon the yogurt mixture over the top and bake for 15 minutes.
- You could make individual moussaka in ovenproof dishes to serve direct to the table.
- For the best flavour, allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat thoroughly until piping-hot throughout.