- Add the oats and 250ml water to a pan. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and stir regularly for 4–5 minutes.
- Stir in three-quarters of the fruit and add the milk.
- Bring the heat back up, mix well and put into a bowl.
- Top with the rest of the fruit and the almonds, then serve.
- This porridge is also great made with chopped apples, a few raisins and a good pinch ground cinnamon.
- You can use gluten-free oats or other rolled grains, such as millet, buckwheat or rice, which are available in health food shops.