What are the signs of diabetes?
Are you worried that you, or a family member or friend, may have diabetes? See the symptoms of diabetes and what you should do if you think you may have diabetes.
The main symptoms of diabetes are:
- Going to the loo all the time to pass urine.
- Feeling very thirsty and drinking a lot.
- Feeling very tired.
- Losing weight (and you don't know why).
- Regular episodes of thrush, or genital itching.
- Blurred vision.
- Cuts and grazes slow to heal.
In Type 1 diabetes these symptoms come on very quickly, usually over a few weeks. but they go away again when you start taking insulin and you get your diabetes under control.
If you think you might have diabetes you should go and see your GP straight away.
For more information on what causes the body to show these symptoms see our short film, below.