Diabetes UK is supporting the NHS to improve local diabetes care by involving people living with diabetes. Find out how 19 NHS organisations are taking action to improve diabetes services in line with the needs of local people, in the Improving Local Services Together project run by Diabetes UK and funded by the Department of Health.
NHS organisations – learning and resources for involving diabetes patients in service delivery
Go to the links below for each of theNHS organisationswe partnered to see what was achieved including results of user focus groups, recommendations and actions.
A report bringing together all the findings of the project which ended in September 2014 will be published here in December 2014. It will evaluate the intervention and the impact of the work with project partners, identify good practice and will be useful for other NHS organisations seeking to undertake patient involvement in the planning, design and delivery of local diabetes services.
Use our resources
We've developed a number ofresources for organisations to use when arranging user involvement activities.
Get in touch
If you would like further information regarding the project, contact the Shared Practice and Innovation team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- East Kent Federation of Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Hardwick Clinical Commissioning Group
- Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust and Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group
- Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group
- Hounslow Clinical Commissioning Group
- Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group
- Mansfield and Ashfield Clinical Commissioning Group
- Medway Clinical Commissioning Group
- Milton Keynes Diabetes Care
- North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Royal Derby Hospital
- South Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group
- Wigan Borough Clinical Commissioning Group
- West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group