Find out what reports have been published in the latest audits of diabetes care in England and Wales and download and read our easy-to-read versions aimed at people with diabetes and the general public.
Latest information on data collection and reports are available from the NHS Digital website:
Two new interactive dashboards present annual data in a more intuitive and accessible format, including published data from the 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-2021 audit years. Click on the link and scroll down to the end of the page before selecting Core National Diabetes Audit Dashboard or NDA NDH dashboard.
- The annual national report for the NDA Core Audit 2020-21 on care processes and treatment targets in England and Wales was published in July 2022.
- The annual report on the Diabetes Prevention Programme (DPP) and non-diabetic hyperglycaemia 2020-21 was published in July 2022.
- The Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Type 1 Diabetes Audit Report 2017-21 was published in June 2022. This was previously referred to as the National Diabetes Transition Audit. It links datasets from the adult (NDA) and paediatric (NPDA) national diabetes audits.
- The NDA Type 1 Report 2020-2021 was published in June 2022 and data is available as an interactive dashboard.
- There is another new NDA report on the care provided to young people living with type 2 diabetes (2019-20), which was published in August 2021.
- The NDA Complications and Mortality Report 2017-18 was published in December 2019.
National Diabetes Inpatient Safety Audit (NDISA)
- The NDISA 2018-21 annual report was published in July 2022.
- Further information on the NDISA can be found on the NHS Digital website.
National Diabetes Foot Care Audit (NDFA)
- The NDFA 2014-2021 report was published in May 2022.
- As the NDFA is a continuous data collection, services can commence participation at any time. All services that treat diabetic foot ulcers are expected to participate in the NDFA and participating services should attempt to record data on all new referrals to their service.
National Pregnancy in Diabetes (NPID) audit
- The NPID audit 2020 report was published in October 2021.
- The NPID audit is a continuous data collection.
NDA participation for specialist services
Read about the five ways specialist type 1 diabetes services can benefit from submitting data to the NDA (PDF, 150KB).