Find out what reports have been published in the latest audits of diabetes care in England and Wales and download and read our easy-to-read versions aimed at people with diabetes and the general public.
Latest information on data collection and reports are available from the NHS Digital website:
- The NDA Core Audit 2019-20 report on care processes and treatment targets in England and Wales was published in August 2021.
- The first NDA report dedicated to the care of people living with type 1 diabetes (2019-20) was published in August 2021.
- There is another new NDA report on the care provided to young people living with type 2 diabetes (2019-20), which was published in August 2021.
- The annual report on the Diabetes Prevention Programme (DPP) and non-diabetic hyperglycaemia 2019-20 was published in July 2021.
- The NDA Complications and Mortality Report 2017-18 was published in December 2019.
- The NDA Insulin Pump Report 2017-18 was published in August 2019.
- The National Diabetes Transition Audit Report 2011-17 was published in January 2019. The national and service level reports link data from the National Paediatric Diabetes Audit and the NDA Core Audit on young people with Type 1 for the audit period 2011-12 to 2016-17.
National Diabetes Inpatient Audit (NaDIA) Harms
- The NaDIA-Harms 2020 annual report was published in July 2021.
- Further information on the NaDIA can be found on the NHS Digital website.
National Diabetes Foot Care Audit (NDFA)
- The NDFA 2014-2018 report, published in May 2019, collected data on 27,700 people with acute diabetic foot ulcers. The findings are reported at national, commissioner, provider and network level.
- As the NDFA is a continuous data collection, services can commence participation at any time. All services that treat diabetic foot ulcers are expected to participate in the NDFA and participating services should attempt to record data on all new referrals to their service.
National Pregnancy in Diabetes (NPID) audit
- NPID audit national and service level reports 2018 were published in October 2019.
- NPID audit is a continuous data collection.
NDA participation for specialist services
Read about the 5 ways specialist type 1 diabetes services can benefit from submitting data to the NDA (PDF, 150KB).