The below resources have been put together to support the setup, delivery and management of the Healthier You, NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme.
- Progress of the Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme: referrals, uptake and participant characteristics, Diabetic Medicine website (December 2017)
This examines the data for referrals, received between June 2016 and March 2017.
- Diabetes Prevention Programmes, Evidence Review, GOV.UK website (August 2015)
This provides a rationale and evidence basis for a diabetes prevention initiative.
Prevalence modelling, PHE website (August 2015)
The National Cardiovascular Intelligence Network (NCVIN) has conducted some national modelling on the expected prevalence of Non-diabetic hyperglycaemia (NDH). This discusses the methods and results of the modelling.
- Return on investment Tool, PHE/University of Sheffield website
An adaptation of the School for Public Health Research (SPHR) diabetes prevention model, which organisations can use to develop a personalised output for their NHS DPP LHE.
- Comparison of NHS DPP and weight management services
- Economic impact analysis of implementing the NHS DPP
Service specification, NHS England website (August 2016)
This is the national NHS DPP service specification which providers are required to adhere to in their service delivery model.
MoU between LHE and NHSE (287 KB)
NHSE has secured memorandums of understanding between NHSE and all lead sites, to assure delivery of agreed referral profiles, and agreement of provision of support funding from NHSE. All partner organisations were also required to sign this.
Information Governance and data documents
Minimum data set (MDS) (PDF, 264KB)
This MDS is the minimum amount of data that needs to be collected by LHE and providers. All sites and providers must adhere to this data points to ensure a complete national data set for programme evaluation.