- Place the chicken in a non-metallic dish, add the lemon rind and juice and the garlic, combine and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry for 2 minutes on each side. Then add the marinade to the pan along with 200ml boiling water, cover and simmer for 7–8 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cook for a further 2 minutes, season well and serve.
- If you need to thicken the sauce slightly, mash a few of the chickpeas with a fork and stir them in.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Then defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.