The Great North Run
The provisional date for the Great North Run 2022 is Sunday 11th September..
The 13.1 mile route is lined by thousands of spectators. The course starts in Newcastle upon Tyne and takes runners through the city centre, over the iconic Tyne Bridge and right out towards the coast in South Shields.
Broadcast live on the BBC, over 57,000 runners each year take on the challenge; it’s an increasingly popular race and is one not to be missed.
We’ll support you every step of the way and provide you with:
- Dedicated fundraising and training support, including a fundraising pack and regular updates
- Your own personalised Diabetes UK technical running top
- Free 'Crazy Hair'
- Lots of support from our Cheer Squad along the route
- Refreshments and a massage at our marquee in the post event charity village
- Exclusive access to our Facebook group for you and your fellow team #DUK members.
Get a charity place with us and join the best team around. With an early bird entry fee of just £1 and a minimum sponsorship of £350, we will be there to support you every step of the way. Register now
Did you get a place in the Great North Run Ballot? If so, you can still enjoy all of the benefits of being part of our team, without having a minimum sponsorship target. Join our team.
Got any questions?
We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have. Contact our Fundraising events team on 0345 123 2399 or at email@example.com