The Great North Run is firmly established as the world's greatest half marathon.
Join us in 2020 and run towards a future where diabetes can do no harm.
The 13.1 mile route is lined by thousands of spectators. The course starts in Newcastle upon Tyne and takes runners through the city centre, over the iconic Tyne Bridge and right out towards the coast in South Shields.
Broadcast live on the BBC, it sees over 57,000 runners each year take on the challenge; it’s an increasingly popular race and is one not to be missed.
We’ll support you every step of the way and provide you with:
- Dedicated fundraising and training support, including a fundraising pack and regular updates
- Your own personalised Diabetes UK technical running top
- Free 'Crazy Hair'
- Lots of support from our Cheer Squads along the route
- Entry to our Charity marquee at the end of the race, which includes refreshments and sport therapists on hand to help with your stretching and cool down
- Exclusive access to our Facebook group for you and your fellow team #DUK members
Got any questions?
We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have. Contact our Fundraising events team on 0345 123 2399 or at firstname.lastname@example.org