The Great North Run
The 13.1 mile route is lined by thousands of spectators. The course starts in Newcastle upon Tyne and takes runners through the city centre, over the iconic Tyne Bridge and right out towards the coast in South Shields.
Broadcast live on the BBC, over 57,000 runners each year take on the challenge; it’s an increasingly popular race and is one not to be missed.
We have now sold out of places in the Great North Run 2021. However, we do have a waiting list as it's likely some places will become available in the next few weeks. Please add your name to the waiting list here and we will be in touch if we have anymore places.
We’ll support you every step of the way and provide you with:
- Dedicated fundraising and training support, including a fundraising pack and regular updates
- Your own personalised Diabetes UK technical running top
- Free 'Crazy Hair'
- Lots of support from our Cheer Squads along the route
- Entry to our Charity marquee at the end of the race, which includes refreshments and sport therapists on hand to help with your stretching and cool down
- Exclusive access to our Facebook group for you and your fellow team #DUK members
With a registration fee of just £1 throughout May and a £350 minimum sponsorship, we will be there to support you every step of the way. Places are currently sold out but you can join the waiting list here.
Did you get a place in the Great North Run Ballot? If so, you can still enjoy all of the benefits of being part of our team, without having a minimum sponsorship target.
Got any questions?
We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have. Contact our Fundraising events team on 0345 123 2399 or at email@example.com