Diabetes UK are delighted to be the official charity partner of the Simplyhealth Great Run Series 2019, including the Great North Run, which is firmly established as the world's greatest half marathon. Join us and run towards a future where diabetes can do no harm.
The 13.1 mile route is lined by thousands of spectators. The course starts in Newcastle upon Tyne and takes runners through the city centre, over the iconic Tyne Bridge and right out towards the coast in South Shields.
Broadcast live on the BBC, it sees over 57,000 runners each year take on the challenge; it’s an increasingly popular race and is one not to be missed.
We have now sold out of charity places for this event. If you would like to be on our waiting list, please email email@example.com and we will be in touch as soon as a spot becomes available. Alternatively, if you were successful in the ballot, we would love to have you on the team as an own place runner.
We’ll support you every step of the way and provide you with:
- Dedicated fundraising and training support, including a fundraising pack and regular updates
- Your own personalised Diabetes UK technical running top
- Free 'Crazy Hair'
- Lots of support from our Cheer Squads along the route
- Entry to our Charity marquee at the end of the race, which includes refreshments and masseuses on hand
- Exclusive access to our Facebook group for you and your fellow team #DUK members
Got any questions?
We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have. Contact our Fundraising events team on 0345 123 2399 or at firstname.lastname@example.org