Tandoori chicken & vegetables
Serves 2 • gluten free • 5½ portions of fruit & veg per serving • prep 15 minutes • cook 15 minutes
- 300g skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 large red onions, quartered
- 1 red pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Cube the chicken and add to a bowl with the yogurt, paprika, cumin and turmeric, then mix well to coat the chicken.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with garam masala.
- Lightly oil a baking tray and arrange the onion and pepper evenly over it, then place the chicken pieces on the onion and pepper, and arrange the tomatoes on top.
- Roast for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, and serve with basmati rice or salad.
Per (617g) serving*331Kcal – 38.8g protein – 28.5g carbs (
21.7g sugars) –
8.4g fat (
2.1g saturates) –
*excludes serving suggestion
- This dish will serve four as a delicious starter.
- Use curry paste if you don’t have all the spices, or add grated fresh ginger and crushed garlic for extra flavour.
- You can mix the chicken, spices and yogurt together in a food bag and keep in the fridge for a few hours before you start cooking, which helps the flavours to infuse.
- Spicy dishes do not usually need any added salt, which means they’re better for your heart.
- Skinless chicken is rich in protein and has almost half the fat and saturated fat of skin-on chicken.