Things to pack for when you are away from home.
When you’re packing your sun hat, bucket and spade, don’t forget your diabetes kit, too! Here are a few things to remember when you’re getting ready for your holiday.
- Spare insulin – so you have extra, or in case you lose your insulin and you can’t get any more where you’re staying.
- Spare pen and needles or all your pump stuff – just in case you lose anything.
- BD Safe-clip – for used needles.
- Spare lancets – for your finger pricker.
- Spare testing strips – for your meter.
- Spare blood glucose monitor – in case yours gets lost or broken.
- Ketone testing strips.
- Glucagon or Glucogel – or anything else you use to treat a hypo.
- Snacks – in your hand luggage, just in case.
- Money – some coins for vending machines so you can buy food and drink as soon as you arrive if you need to.
- Mum and Dad’s, or guardian’s, numbers – in case you get separated.