- Place the milk and vanilla extract into a medium pan and bring to the boil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cornflour, egg yolks and icing sugar.
- Pour the milk over the cornflour mixture and stir in, then return to the pan, place over a low heat and cook until the mixture thickens. Do not boil, otherwise the mixture will curdle.
- Cool the mixture, then stir through the blackcurrants and raspberries
- Transfer to a freezer proof container.
- Freeze for 2 hours, then beat with a fork to remove the ice crystals. Return to the freezer and freeze until solid. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving
- This method works with most fruit - try using mango, strawberries or canned peaches.
- Freezing instructions: Remove from freezer a few minutes before serving.