- Add oil to a large pan.
- Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly brown all over.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, puree, paprika and chilli. Bring to a gentle boil then turn down the heat, add a lid and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove the lid, stir well and gently simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated and is thoroughly coating the chicken.
- Arrange the lettuce around the side of a serving dish, pile the chicken cubes into the middle with cocktail sticks to skewer the chicken cubes.
- Simmer the dish gently at the end as the aim is not to create a sauce, but a rich coating for the chicken.
- You could make this with pork or firm fish rather than chicken. For a vegetarian version, try with tofu.