- Heat a large non-stick saucepan, add the bacon and fry for 2–3 minutes until beginning to crisp. Remove from the pan, then add the chicken and brown on each side.
- Add the onion, garlic and peppers and continue to fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Return the bacon to the pan with all the remaining ingredients, stir well, bring to the boil cover and simmer gently for 40–45 minutes.
- This dish works well with lean cubed pork or turkey.
- You could use mixed beans or chickpeas if you prefer.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.