- Add the oil to a large pan, then add the onions and cook for 3–4 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Add the minced beef and cook for 5–7 minutes (or until cooked thoroughly), breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add the mushrooms, peppers, courgette and garlic. Cook for a further 7–8 minutes, stirring regularly until they soften.
- Stir in the chilli, oregano, cumin and tomatoes, then cover with a lid and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lentils and beans, and mix well. Cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate until melted. Serve with salad.
- Dark chocolate intensifies the flavours and is healthier and works better than other types of chocolate.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost fully in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout, stirring regularly.