- Boil the potatoes for 10–15 minutes until tender then refresh in cold water, cool a little and slice.
- Toss together the potato slices and tomatoes and divide between 2 serving dishes. Pile the salad leaves on top and set aside.
- Coat one side of each salmon fillet with pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or a griddle until hot. Place the salmon pepper-side down and cook for 3–4 minutes, then turn and cook a further 3–4 minutes until just cooked.
- Lay the salmon on top of the salad leaves, mix together the orange rind and juice with the mustard, drizzle over the salad and serve.
- This salad works well with other fish, such as mackerel fillets, fresh tuna or with king prawns. You could also use thinly sliced chicken breast.
- For a vegan alternative try strips of tofu instead of salmon. Simply fry in a non-stick pan until crisp then toss with a little sesame oil, soy sauce and Chinese five spice.