- Place the water and frozen fruit into a pan and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until they are warmed through. Stir in the apple and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and milk together, then soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for 2-3 minutes. Turn the bread a couple of times to make sure all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the slices of bread, and cook gently. Turn the bread a couple of times until golden brown on both sides. This should take about 8 minutes in total.
- Serve topped with the fruit.
- You can use any fruits you like for the topping - pears and blackberries are especially tasty.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg for extra flavour.
- You can also make a savoury version with grilled mushrooms or tomatoes in place of fruit.