- Place the chicken, buttermilk, pesto and garlic into a bowl and stir well to combine. Soak the wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Thread the chicken onto skewers alternating with the pepper and mushrooms.
- Place under a hot grill and grill for 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous into a bowl, pour over the stock and lemon zest and juice. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the rocket leaves and spring onions and serve with the chicken skewers.
- This is great served cold and makes an excellent packed lunch.
- For a fishy version, use cubes of salmon or extra big prawns.