1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Heat a large deep pan with a lid and place in the popping corn and cover. Shake the pan regularly and after 2-3 minutes you’ll hear the corn start to pop – don’t be tempted to open the lid. Keep shaking until the popping stops.
- Put the popped-corn into a large bowl and discard any corn that hasn’t popped. Repeat until all your corn is done, then divide into two.
- Meanwhile, make your flavourings. To make the cheesy garlic popcorn, add the oil to a pan with the garlic, oregano and pepper. Cook gently for 1 minute without browning the garlic. Add half the popped corn and the finely grated Parmesan. Mix well and serve.
- To make the chilli lemon popcorn, add 1 tsp rapeseed oil to a pan with the red chilli. Cook gently for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and heat a further minute until the lemon juice has halved in volume. Add the remaining half of popped corn, mix well and serve.
- Don't put too much corn in at once – cook in batches as it expands a lot.
- There's no end to the range of flavours you can make – try different spices such as cumin or smoked paprika. Just make sure you don't make the mix too wet or you'll get soggy popcorn.