- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas 4
- Mix together the walnuts, apricots and sultanas, then place on a board. Finely chop together to create a paste, then mix in the pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and orange zest.
- Stuff the centre of each apple with the mixture, pressing it firmly into the fruit.
- Place the apples into an ovenproof dish with the water, then drizzle the orange juice over them.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of low-fat yogurt or non-dairy alternative.
- Experiment with different combinations of fruits and nuts for the filling.
- Try with cranberries and mixed spice for a Christmas flavour.