Savefor later Page saved! You can go back to this later in your Diabetes and Me Close

Complaining about your child’s diabetes care in school

It’s really important that you feel confident that your child is being supported at school. If you’re not happy with any part of their care, make sure you speak to the school as soon as possible. 

Your relationship between yourself and your child’s school should be constructive because this is the best way to make sure your both working towards making your child’s time at school as happy as possible. 

Sometimes school staff just might not understand what they need to differently and why. In this case, you’ll probably be able to sort out any problems by talking to the school and discussing what’s making you worried without taking any formal action. 

If you do have a problem, you should speak to the school’s head teacher first. 

Making a formal complaint 

All schools should have a complaint procedure, which you should be able to read on their website. 

If you want to complain formally, you should first complain in writing to the head teacher, school governors or academy trustees. 

Getting support 

We know that if you feel like your child isn’t getting the right care at school, it can make you feel worried, upset and unsupported. 

We also know that it can be hard to make your voice heard sometimes, but we support you to help you get the care your child deserves. Our helpline can help you find out any basic rights information you might need, and your forums and local groups can help you meet other parents that can understand and share your experiences. 

Back to Top
Brand Icons/Telephonecheck - FontAwesomeicons/tickicons/uk