The National Diabetes Audit introduced a quality improvement programme in 2017 to help services to improve care and outcomes for people with diabetes.
The programme focuses on 4 areas:
- Inpatient care
- Pregnancy and pre-conception care
- Foot care
- Transition from young people's to adult diabetes services
Through the creation of 4 Quality Improvement Collaboratives (QICs), services across England and Wales received ongoing coaching and support to develop local improvement plans and share learning and resources with other care providers.
Download the report detailing the aims, interventions tested, lessons learnt, results and conclusions of each Quality Improvement Collaborative:
- National Diabetes Inpatient Audit (NaDIA) QIC report 2017-2018 (PDF, 1.3MB)
- National Pregnancy in Diabetes (NPID) Audit QIC report 2017-2019 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- National Diabetes Foot Care Audit (NDFA) QIC report 2018-2020 (PDF, 1.3MB)
- National Diabetes Transition Audit (NDTA) QIC report 2019-2020 - Available from April 2020