The National Diabetes Audit introduced a quality improvement programme in 2017 and supported the work of local healthcare teams to influence care and patient behaviours in order to improve outcomes for people living with diabetes.
The Quality Improvement Collaboratives (QICs) focused on four areas:
- inpatient care
- pregnancy and pre-conception care
- transition from young people's to adult diabetes services.
Download the overall QIC summary report (PDF, 1.5MB) detailing the aims, interventions tested, lessons learnt, results and conclusions across the four Quality Improvement Collaboratives.
Download the individual report for each of the Quality Improvement Collaboratives for more details about the four areas of focus, including case studies from different sites:
- National Diabetes Inpatient Audit (NaDIA) QIC report 2017-2018 (PDF, 1.3MB)
- National Pregnancy in Diabetes (NPID) Audit QIC report 2017-2019 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- National Diabetes Foot Care Audit (NDFA) QIC report 2018-2020 (PDF, 1.3MB)
- National Diabetes Transition Audit (NDTA) QIC report 2019-2020 (PDF, 1.6MB)