91% of delegates will be changing their practice as a result of something they learnt at our conference.
Welcome to Diabetes UK Professional Conference 2019
Taking place 6–8 March at ACC Liverpool, our conference is packed with a three-day multi-disciplinary programme based on the latest research from leading specialists. Hear from inspiring speakers about developments in diabetes care, and network with over 3,000 peers, colleagues and experts from all over the world. Ready to go? Register now.
Why you need to be there
In 2018, 98 per cent of people who came to Diabetes UK Professional Conference said they would recommend it.
- Network with over 3,000 peers, colleagues and specialists from all over the world.
- Earn CPD points for every day you attend and gain professional recognition for what you’ve learned.
- Explore more than 60 stands and 500 abstract posters in our exhibition.
- Hear from inspiring speakers about the latest developments in diabetes care, research and Type 2 diabetes prevention.
- Expand your skill set by taking part in hands-on, practical workshops.
"A good mix of cutting edge research and workshops. Excellent networking opportunities."
Our eight-track programme is packed with events from lectures to hands-on workshops, all based on the latest diabetes research. So you’ll leave with the diabetes knowledge you need to provide the best care for your patients.
- Designed by healthcare professionals and spanning disciplines from primary to specialist care, podiatry, paediatrics and dietetics.
- Seven keynote lectures: exclusive insight into the latest research and understanding about diabetes treatment and care from some of the world’s leading specialists.
- Eleven professional interest group meetings: the latest updates for your profession for consultants and specialist trainees, DSNs, dietitians, eye specialists, midwives, primary care, pediatricians, podiatrists, practising pharmacists, psychologists, and research nurses.
- Over 500 posters ranging from basic science, clinical science, education, to clinical care management, healthcare delivery and psychological care.
- Six hands-on workshops covering topics including: technology in primary care, diabetes and emotional health, and exercise and Type 1 diabetes.
- New to 2019, we have introduced bespoke masterclasses on the Friday afternoon which will deliver discussion and practical advice in areas which are often considered particularly challenging.
97% of 2018 delegates valued the fact that the conference was made up of attendees from a range of disciplines.
Book early in order to take advantage of our early bird rates. We also offer student discounts and cheaper rates if you are a Professional Member of Diabetes UK.
"A well organised, informative event. Good mix of 'state of the art' updates and new research."
Thank you to all of our sponsors and exhibitors for their support in making the Diabetes UK Professional Conference the landmark event it has become.
Abstract submission for the 2019 conference has now closed.
Abstract outcome letters have now been sent to authors. If you have not yet received an outcome letter, please contact Joanne McBratney, Hg3 Conferences at email@example.com.
93% of delegates learnt things that were new to them.
Our keynote lectures give you exclusive insights into the latest research and understanding about diabetes treatment and care.
Speakers who will be delivering this year's lectures include Maggie Shepherd, Simon Heller and Anna Gloyn.
"I felt the talks I attended were excellent - very clearly presented, following through a thread, and with lots of common sense approaches to clinical practice."
For 2019’s conference dinner, we invite you to escape into a world of enchantment within the Garden of Eden at The Shankly Hotel. It is sure to be a whimsical affair in this rooftop venue, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the Liverpool skyline whilst being treated to a drinks reception, a delicious three-course meal with wine and live music.
Diabetes UK is delighted to invite delegates and exhibitors to participate in our annual 5k run. The conference 5k fun run will take place on Thursday, 7 March between 7am and 8am. The session starts with a warm up outside ACC Liverpool, followed by a route that will take participants on a scenic view alongside the River Mersey.
This event is free to take part, but we do ask that a donation is made per participant which will go towards funding the work of Diabetes UK. You can download our fundraising form (available soon) or by setting up a JustGiving sponsorship page. We can also accept sponsorship or donations at the Activity desk at the conference.
If you would like to be part of the action, and receive a complimentary t-shirt, please do select the 5k fun run option when you register or click here to email the events team to sign up.