- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the artifical sweetener, baking powder and cinnamon into the flour and mix.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the eggs and the milk. Whisk and add in the melted butter.
- Peel and core the apples and remove the seeds. Cut them into large slices. Add the apple slices to the mixture and fold in gently.
- Grease a cake tin (around 23cm in diameter) with the knob of margarine. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack. Leave to cool and serve.
- Start by preparing the batter, in order to leave it aside while you peel the apples.
- You can also replace the apples with pears, and the cinnamon with ground ginger or mixed spice.