- Boil the potatoes 15-20 minutes until just tender, then refresh in cold water to cool.
- In a bowl, toss together the potatoes, beans, egg, tomatoes, olives and anchovies. Drizzle over the lemon rind and juice, stir and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying or griddle pan until hot, rub the oil over the tuna and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. Allow to cool for a few minutes then cut into thick slices.
- Arrange the salad on a platter, season and top with the tuna.
- This recipe also works well with flaked poached salmon in place of tuna.
- If you don't like anchovies, add a few finely sliced sundried tomatoes instead.
- You could make this with hard boiled quail's eggs, which are available ready cooked.
- Seared tuna isn’t to everyone’s taste and may not be suitable, so you might want to leave it on the griddle for longer, until it's cooked through.