- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry thinly. Stamp out about 36 x 5cm rounds with a pastry cutter and use to line mini tartlet tins. Bake blind for 10 minutes.
- Beat together the egg and crème fraiche, season well then stir through the chives and salmon.
- Spoon a little mixture into each of the pastry cases and cook for about 10 minutes, until golden and set.
- Allow to cool a little and serve.
- You could use smoked ham in place of salmon.
- For a veggie version, use sliced sundried tomatoes to replace the smoked salmon.