Welcome to the Diabetes UK Professional Conference: Online Series
Taking place from 13 October to 25 November 2020, our brand new online series has been designed to review the impact of coronavirus on diabetes services and focus on what we have learnt throughout the year.
How have services developed to meet the challenges caused by the pandemic? How have we supported people with diabetes to self-manage safely and well? And what have we learnt to improve outcomes for people with diabetes in the future?
These are just some of the questions our online series will answer, helping you to review your own services and meet the challenges of the months ahead as we await a vaccine.
Plus, we’re excited to announce the closing event for the series will feature a message from Sir Simon Stevens, Chief Executive Officer of NHS England followed by Chris Askew, our CEO, in conversation with Professor Partha Kar, National Specialty Advisor, Diabetes with NHS England and co-lead of Diabetes GIRFT with NHS Improvement.
Save the date
We are delighted to announce that our Diabetes UK Professional Conference (DUKPC) 2021 will be held online between 19 to 30 April 2021. Join us over 10 days for lectures, an abstract programme and a range of discipline and multidisciplinary sessions to update and educate healthcare professionals, researchers and scientists in the field of diabetes. Please save the date - we will be in touch in the new year with details on how to register.
Register now to join our unrivalled line-up of expert speakers and decision makers across eight focused sessions. Choose the sessions that interest you most, or attend them all to get the full online series experience.
Each session is also CPD accredited and available in two time-slots, giving you the flexibility to choose what suits your schedule best.
- The impact of coronavirus on self-management
- Inequalities, deprivation and the impact on Black and Minority Ethnic communities during the coronavirus outbreak
- Diabetes UK South West Professional Conference: Emotional and psychological wellbeing masterclass
- Optimal management of diabetes during the coronavirus pandemic
- The long-term impact of coronavirus on people with diabetes
- UK Diabetes in Pregnancy masterclass.
What to expect:
- Hear the latest insights from expert speakers and decision-makers on key issues in diabetes care, including Jonathan Valabhji, Tahseen Chowdhury, Gerry Rayman, Deborah Wake, Shivani Misra, Tony Willis and many more across the series
- Attend the closing session and listen to a message from Sir Simon Stevens followed by Chris Askew in conversation with Professor Partha Kar
- Have your questions answered by the experts in a live and interactive Q&A
- Receive CPD accreditation for every session you attend.
Book today to secure your place on our online series. We offer student discounts and cheaper rates if you are a Professional Member of Diabetes UK.
Thank you to our sponsors for their support and financial contributions towards our online series. Take a look at the evening symposia programme which provides you with an opportunity to further enhance your knowledge on specialist topics.