Here are some tips for lunches that are tasty and good for you. Yum!
Top tips for packed lunches
- Make sure there’s plenty of starchy carbohydrate food that will give you lots of energy.
- There are lots of different breads and stuff you can try so you won’t get bored – try pittas, wraps, cheesy bread, there are loads of options. And try out different fillings as well.
- Have at least one piece of fruit – you’re supposed to have at least five pieces in total of fruit and veg a day. It’s full of stuff that’s really good for you.
- Pack something for afters –lower-fat crisps, yogurt or cake.
- Don’t forget something to treat a hypo as well, just in case.
Fast food and eating out
How to manage your diabetes when you're eating away from home or enjoying a fast food treat.