- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Add the carrots to a saucepan, with the stock cube and 300ml water. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, add the lid, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the carrots and stock into an ovenproof dish. Add the peas and spring onions and scatter with 10g of the dill.
- Place the cod steaks on top, cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the fish and set aside Add the cornflour to the vegetables, mix well and return to the oven for a minute.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, stir in the cream cheese. Divide the vegetables and sauce between two plates and place a piece of cod on top of each. Scatter with fresh dill and black pepper and serve with lemon.
- Works well with haddock, salmon, monk fish or pollock. You could add some prawns.
- If you don't have frozen peas, tinned peas in water or frozen sweetcorn will work just as well with this recipe.
- You could also cook this on the hob in a pan with a tight fitting lid.
- To prepare in advance cook the carrots in stock then allow to cool, assemble everything in an oven proof dish then refrigerate until needed. Allow 5 minutes extra cooking time if cooking straight from the fridge.