- Once the wet ingredients are added to the dry ones, you activate the bicarbonate of soda, so pop it into the oven quickly for maximum lightness.
- You could use any dried fruit instead of raisins, such as chopped apricots, sultanas, prunes or mixed fruit.
- Try adding a teaspoon of mixed spice or a pinch of ground cloves.
- Freeze, wrapped in foil or greaseproof paper, for up to three months.
- You can freeze this bread, whole or cut into slices, for up to three months. Simply wrap in foil, put into freezer bags and label. This fruity bread can be toasted from frozen.
We use these symbols throughout our recipes to make it easier to choose recipes to suit you. However, this information should not replace specific advice from your healthcare professional.
Nutritional information explained
The carb values of these meals relate to the total amount of carbs from all ingredients. If you are carb counting, you may not need to include them all in calculating your insulin dose. Speak to your healthcare team if you're unsure.
Traffic light symbols / colours
- Red = high
- Amber = medium
- Green = low
Traffic lights for these recipes are determined by the whole portion size. Comparison of the traffic lights for different recipes should be based on 100g of each portion.