- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Combine the lemon juice, sesame oil and Chinese five-spice in a bowl, mixing well, then thoroughly coat the salmon steaks.
- Put the salmon steaks on a plate and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Once well coated, place the salmon on a baking sheet, lightly oiled with 1 tsp sunflower oil. Sprinkle any remaining seeds on top of the fish and bake in the oven for 12–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the beans for 3–4 minutes, then plunge into cold water to cool.
- Mix the beans, tomatoes, onion and lettuce together, and divide between two plates. Flake the salmon on top and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
- This recipe works well with mackerel fillets or fresh tuna steaks, too.
- When in season, asparagus can be used instead of green beans.
- Plunging the fine green beans into cool water stops the cooking process.