Learning Zone is an award-winning, interactive tool to help educate and support people with diabetes. Clinically approved and endorsed by experts – you can feel confident about recommending it to your patients.
Combining evidence-based medical advice with real patient experiences, Learning Zone delivers a unique learning experience that complements structured diabetes education. Over 45,000 people with diabetes are already using Learning Zone to help them manage their blood sugars, lower their risk of complications and live more confidently with the condition. But many still don't know about it. You can change this by sharing it with your colleagues and patients.
"I would highly recommend the Learning Zone. It's very innovative use of content provides a truly person-centred user experience. If the aim of patient information is to support patients through a journey, this is the most likely resource to do that that I've seen in a long time."
- Eleanor Stanley, reviewer, BMA Patient Information Awards
“I would certainly recommend Learning Zone to other colleagues and to their patients. It helps the patient get to grips with their diabetes management on their own. When I’m on the ward rounds, I always speak about it to patients when they are about to go home.”
- Julie Llewelyn, Specialist Diabetes Physician, Kingston
But how is Learning Zone different to all the other digital tools out there and why should you recommend it to your patients? Here's why it's got the BMA's stamp of approval:
- Interactive, bite-sized content – Learning Zone helps you learn with short interactive quizzes, videos and animations, made to suit all the different learning styles your patients prefer. As well as personal stories from people just like them.
- Medically accurate – Written by healthcare professionals and with people affected by diabetes, you can be confident that the information is clinically correct and up to date.
- Personalised and relevant – We've made the courses relevant to the person using it, whether they are an adult with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, or a family member or friend of someone with diabetes. If your patient has a different type of diabetes, some of the tips may be relevant but we don't have personalised content for everyone yet.
- Accessible anytime, anywhere – 70% of our users access Learning Zone on a mobile or tablet allowing people to learn more about diabetes at a time and place convenient for them. With attendance at structured education courses still remarkably low, Learning Zone can help to plug this gap.
- Free to use – all we need is your email address and some information about you.
"If you can’t get to an education course because of work or other commitments, but you want to know more, then Learning Zone is perfect. You can’t have access to medical professionals all the time but with Learning Zone there’s no reason why you can’t answer that burning question at 3am.”
- Sarah, read more of Sarah's story
Need more information?
We're here to help. If you have any questions about Learning Zone or just need more information about how it's being used, please email email@example.com