This section details our wide range of free materials, including information books for your patients and ways for them to find out their risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
To order any materials, follow the links below, or go to shop.diabetes.org.uk.
Guides to diabetes
Education & self-management
- Type 1 diabetes: What to do when you are ill (PDF, 814KB)
- The Balance Guide to Glucose testing acknowledges that diabetes can be a very complicated condition to live with, and only by testing and knowing how to respond to the results can you live a healthy life. The supplement includes blood glucose testing at home to testing at clinics and why, when and the benefit of testing.
Complications and annual checks
• Putting feet first: 10 steps to healthy feet
• Touch the toes test
• How to spot a foot attack
• What to expect from your annual foot check