- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a frying pan, trim any fat from the pork chops, sprinkle with pepper and add to the pan, fry for 1–2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and add the apple, pear, potatoes and onion.
- Mix together the orange rind and juice, thyme, mustard and honey and pour over.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and mix well before baking for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Stir through the crème fraîche and serve with vegetables such as wilted spinach.
- You could use dried sage rather than thyme, or add a kick with English mustard instead of wholegrain.
- For a veggie version, replace the pork with chunks of beetroot, carrot and butternut squash. Sprinkle with feta 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.