- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the turmeric and cook for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and red chilli powder, stir, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes over a medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Stir through the spinach, cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the mixture quite dry.
- This dish works well with frozen spinach. Just defrost and add when the potatoes are almost cooked.
- If you don’t have fresh chillies, ginger or the spices you could add 1 tbsp curry paste – mild or hot, whichever you prefer.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost thoroughly and reheat until piping hot.