- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the vermicelli and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drain. Return to the pan and add the milk.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sugar. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the vermicelli and milk have thickened.
- Remove from the heat, sweeten with sweetener to your taste, and sprinkle over the pistachio nuts.
- You could use macaroni for this pudding in place of the vermicelli.
- Try adding some dried fruits such as raisins, sultanas, prunes or apricots.
- To add extra flavour, add a good pinch of nutmeg, cinnamon or mixed spice.