- Preheat the oven to 170°C/ gas 3. Arrange the vegetables in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the sage or thyme and pepper, and pour over the stock.
- Add the oil to a hot pan. Add the pork steams and cook for 11⁄2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Place the pork on top of the vegetables and smear with the mustard.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 11⁄4–11⁄2 hours. Check after 1 hour and if the liquid has evaporated, add a little hot water.
- This recipe also works well with chicken, turkey, beef or lamb.