- Prepare the onion, red pepper, chestnut mushrooms, garlic and red chilli, and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat, add the rapeseed oil and when hot add the onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the red pepper, mushrooms, garlic and chilli, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns, soy sauce, Chinese five-spice and pak choi stems, and keep stirring for a further 3–4 minutes.
- Add the pak choi leaves and water, cover with a lid and cook for a further minute. Mix well and serve immediately.
- Serve with noodles or a few thin slices of red chilli and a wedge of lime.
- Assemble the ingredients first, ready to throw into the pan. And, always make sure the pan is really hot before you start adding them.
- Stir-frying is a quick way to cook and more nutrients are retained in your food. You don't need much oil and as long as you keep stirring it around the pan, the food is steamed rather than fried.