Have you, or do you know someone who has had diabetes for 50 years? Or even 60 or 70 years?
If so, why not nominate them for a Diabetes UK Medal? You can also nominate yourself.
Diabetes UK Supporter Services is presenting a selection of medals under the title of the charity’s founding fathers in recognition of the challenges that people living with diabetes for more than 50, 60 or 70 years have faced. The three medals are:
- The Alan Nabarro Medal for 50 years of living with diabetes
- The Robert Lawrence Medal for 60 years of living with diabetes
- The John Macleod Medal for 70 years of living with diabetes
How to nominate
To nominate a candidate whether it is a friend, family member or even yourself, Diabetes UK requires a letter of confirmation from the person’s GP or healthcare professional. The following information is needed in the letter for us to send the correct medal:
- Recipient's name, address and date of birth
- Year of diabetes diagnosis
- Information regarding who the medal should be posted to.
You can send this to:
Supporter Services Diabetes UK Wells Lawrence House, 126 Back Church Lane, London E1 1FH