- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6. Wash, then top and tail the beetroots, and cut into quarters (no need to peel them). Mix the beetroot with the olive oil, spread out on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool, remove the skins, cut into chunks and reserve.
- Meanwhile, arrange the rocket leaves on a large platter.
- Place pieces of beetroot on top and crumble the goat's cheese evenly over the salad. Next, scatter with the walnuts.
- Finally, drizzle with the lemon juice and honey. Season with black pepper. (Do this final stage just before serving, everything else can be done in advance.)
- To cut down on the amount of fat in this recipe, add more beetroot and rocket leaves, and reduce the quantity of nuts and cheese that you use.
- This recipe also works well with chunks of roasted carrots or butternut squash.