- Beat the egg, yogurt and almond extract into the milk, then place the flour, baking powder, sweetener and spices into a bowl and gradually stir in the milk mixture until you make a smooth batter.
- Add the orange juice, zest and dried fruit and mix well.
- Add the oil to a large non-stick pan. Add small dessertspoons of the mixture to the pan to fry for 1-2 minutes, then flip over with a spatula and cook for another minute or two on the other side.
- The pancakes should be about 3-4cm in diameter and only 3–4mm thick.
- To serve, add the pancakes to a serving platter and top with orange segments, scatter with zest and pomegranate seeds.
- To neatly segment an orange, remove the top and bottom of the orange and place the orange onto a cutting board. Cut downwards from the top to the bottom, removing all the skin plus white pith without cutting into the orange. Once you’ve removed all the pith carefully, slice into one segment, avoiding the membrane, then twist your knife to slice outwards. You’re then able to remove each segment without any of the bitter pith.
- Try adding different spices such as ginger or nutmeg to the pancakes, or use lemon rather than orange zest.