Thank you. Without your donations, time and support, we wouldn’t have been able to achieve even a fraction of what we have.
Here’s six people who’ve helped bring our story to life this year.
For our full story of 2017, download the report (PDF, 7.07MB)
Isobel took part in our DiRECT research trial and it changed her life.
Candy got involved in our Future of Diabetes project.
Read more on what we've learnt
Natalie and her family got active thanks to Beat the Street.
Read about our Type 2 prevention work
Zahoor has found our new Learning Zone helpful in raising his knowledge about his diabetes.
Sign up in a few easy steps
Colin wasn’t getting the support he needed. He found our brilliant diabetes community on our forum and now supports us in our campaigns.
Go to our forum
The Foyle Group won our Inspire Awards for bringing the Derry/Londonderry community together with their support group.
Find out what's going on in your area
Our total income this year was £40.6 million.
- £33.5m from donations and legacies
- £4.5m from other trading activities
- £0.2m from investments
- And £2.4m was from charitable activities to meet our charitable objectives. This includes our professional conferences, our work with the NHS, Type 1 Events programme and publications.
Our expenditure in 2017 was £38.9 million. It was split across our strategy areas as follows, including:
- £9.5 spent on raising funds
- £7.3m on research
- £7.0m on managing diabetes
- £7.1m on transforming care
- £3.7m on prevention of Type 2
- And £4.3m on understanding and support.