Our HPA committee (formerly the Council of Healthcare Professionals) is a multidisciplinary advisory body that informs and promotes our work.
The Committee helps ensure we meet the needs of people at risk or living with diabetes, and the healthcare professionals working across the settings and disciplines involved in diabetes treatment and care.
Role of the Committee
- Represent the full spectrum of healthcare professionals involved in diabetes care, providing our work with holistic, patient-centred, insight.
- Act collaboratively and provide multidisciplinary leadership on issues around diabetes care.
- Inform the plans and work of the charity ensuring we meet the needs of people living with diabetes and healthcare professionals.
- Bring insight and awareness of issues in diabetes care, highlighting concerns affecting both healthcare professionals and people at risk or living with diabetes.
- Guide our response to government and organisational decision-making that impacts healthcare professionals and the care, safety and treatment access of people at risk or living with diabetes.
- Comment on the plans and work of the charity to ensure it is meeting the needs of people living with diabetes and healthcare professionals.
- Promote and communicate our work and initiatives to healthcare professionals across relevant organisations and networks.
The HPA committee work in parallel with our Diabetes Lived Experience Advisory Committee, ensuring our work and actions are guided by well-rounded, collaborative insight from two groups who bring different perspectives and a shared passion for improving the treatment, care and health outcomes of people at risk or living with diabetes.
We are not currently recruiting to the HPA Committee. If you would like an update or have any questions about the committee and its work please email firstname.lastname@example.org.