15 July 2019
We have appointed 20 healthcare professionals to join our Clinical Champions programme.
The new cohort of Clinical Champions includes consultants, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, a podiatrist, psychologist, a GP and our first ever clinical manager. They have been selected based on their skills, clinical expertise and passion for transforming care for people with diabetes. We will support them with two years of leadership training and improvement coaching alongside their clinical work, to help them identify improvements and drive vital change to diabetes services in their local areas.
Who are the Champions?
- Dr Alison Heggie, Consultant
- Angela Hargreaves, Dietitian
- Jacinta Meighan-Davies, Clinical Programme Manager
- Jayne Robbie, Podiatrist
- Katie Hards, Diabetes Specialist Nurse
- Katy Davenport, Diabetes Specialist Nurse
- Kaylee Lovie, Diabetes Specialist Nurse
- Lucy Marquis, Dietitian
- Dr Mimi Chen, Consultant
- Nicola Milne, Community Diabetes Specialist Nurse
- Dr Raj Than, GP
- Rajiv Dhir, Pharmacist
- Satyan Kotecha, Pharmacist
- Dr Soon Song, Consultant
- Dr Suma Sugunendran, Consultant
- Dr Surya Rajeev, Consultant
- Rosemary Donnelly, Pharmacist
- Chris Cottrell, Diabetes Specialist Nurse
- Dr Rose Stewart, Psychologist
- Dr Vinay Somashekar Eligar, Consultant
What is the Clinical Champions programme?
The award-winning Clinical Champions programme supports healthcare professionals to become strong local leaders, working to address the significant variation in care and treatment for people living with diabetes in the UK.
We launched the Clinical Champions programme in 2014, in collaboration with Novo Nordisk. We now have a network of 105 Clinical Champions across the UK.
To find out more about the programme and who our other Clinical Champions are, go to our programme page.
Interested in becoming a Diabetes UK Clinical Champion?
This is a Diabetes UK project in collaboration with Novo Nordisk which are providing support and funding.